Process to Get a UK Work Permit Visa For EU and Non-EU Citizens

Immigration Tips
apply for skilled worker visa uk

When you work in the UK, you are eligible for a skilled worker visa for EU citizens and Non-EU citizens. Specifically, if you are a citizen from any of the EU or European Union nations or Non-EU nations, a work visa in the UK would be easier to obtain. The skilled worker visa has effectively replaced the existing Tier 2 (General) work visa. If you belong to any of the EU nations, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, or Liechtenstein or Non-EU countries, you will be eligible to apply for a work visa in the UK.

Eligibility for Work Visa in the UK:

For a Skilled worker visa for EU citizens or Non-EU Citizens, you need to qualify for certain factors to be eligible for a work visa in the UK. Here we have listed eligibility factors for applying for and obtaining a work visa.

UK Work Permit Visa For EU Citizens

  • You must work for an employer based in the UK and approved by the Home Office that holds a Tier 2 and/or a Tier 5 licence.
  • Have a verified “certificate of sponsorship” from your employer that clearly states your job role in the employment.
  • Do a job verified and listed on the eligible occupations list by the government.
  • You must receive a minimum wage depending on your job role or the type of work you do.
  • Before applying for or obtaining a work visa, you must pass an English proficiency test. This test would determine that you can read, write and speak in English before getting a work permit in the UK.
  • If you do not get a work visa or are not eligible for it somehow, you can always check and apply for the other types of visas available in the UK. This will ensure that you can still work and live legally in the UK while trying to obtain a work visa.

Also Read: Depth UK Work Visa Guide On Holidays For Australians

How to Stay Longer:

One of the positives about a work visa in the UK is you can apply for it as often as you want. However, you should meet the eligibility criteria every time If you are not in the UK, your application must be made from outside. You can also apply from inside the UK, if your visa allows you to switch into the skilled worker visa category. This is known as the ‘switching rules’

However, after five years of complete stay in the UK, you are eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) and then British citizenship. Likewise, you are eligible to live, study and work for an indefinite period in the UK. You are also eligible to obtain all the benefits and perks of being a citizen of the UK, once you have acquired ILR or British citizenship.

Process to Apply For a Skilled Worker Visa:

UK Immigration Rules Changes

The application process for a skilled worker visa for EU citizens or Non-EU citizens depends on where you apply for the visa.

  • You must follow the online documentation process by applying for a visa outside the UK. Get your documents verified from your local embassy. The usual time required for this is around three to four weeks.
  • If extending the existing visa while in the UK, you must furnish the required documents and pay the amount. This takes around eight weeks to be completed. Hence, keep in mind to start early, even before your current visa ends.
  • Switching the type of your visa while being in the UK, you would need to provide the proper documentation and the reason for your switching. This process, too, takes around eight weeks to be completed.

Also Read: Local Immigration Solicitors Near Me in Leeds

Do’s and Don’ts For The UK Work Permit Visa:

As a holder of a skilled worker visa for EU citizens and Non-EU citizens,  here are some things you can do.

  • Work as an employee in an eligible job.
  • Study in any of the universities or colleges across the UK.
  • Bring your partner and children under the same visa scheme if eligible.
  • Do additional or part-time work if necessary under certain circumstances.
  • Do any voluntary work for the good of humankind.
  • Travel outside and return to the UK.
  • Apply for permanent citizenship after five years of stay in the UK.

Here are some of the don’ts while having a work visa in the UK.

  • Apply for a state pension or most of the public benefit funds.
  • Frequently change jobs or employers without updating the work visa.

How can My Legal Services Help?

My Legal Services is a legal representation and consultation firm based in London, the UK. They can be essential for obtaining your skilled workers’ visa in the UK. They manage and process all the required documentation behind the visa process and help you get the visa in the minimum time. We provide the best quality UK immigration services alongside legal advisory and consultation and help you get your dream of living in the UK.

Previous Post
Guidelines of Unmarried Partner Visa For The UK
Next Post
Providing Visa and Immigration Services in London

× WhatsApp