Post Study Work Visa

What is a Post Study Work visa?

The UK government confirmed that the ‘Graduate Route’ for all the International students will open for the applications on 1st July 2021. This is known as the Post Study Work visa. The Graduate route provides an opportunity for international students who have completed their Degree or Master’ to stay in the UK and work, or look for work, at any skill level for 2 years visa or 3 years visa PHD students.

Who is eligible to apply?

International students can apply to stay in the UK. The Graduate route visa allows a Student in the UK who have completed a minimum Degree level or above (or one of the limited number of professional qualifications at degree level or above) at a Hugh Education Provider with a track record of compliance, and who have a valid Tier 4 or Student visa at the time of the application.

You will need to have completed the entirely of your course in the UK as a student, apart from permitted study abroad programme or remote study due to COVID-19 for which specific concessions have been granted. 

The good news is the route does not require you to show maintenance funds or finances, and you do not need to demonstrate English language ability when applying.  You must however completed the qualification that was named on the Confirmation for Studies (CAS) associated with your Student or Tier 4 visa, or following a change of course which was allowed without applying for further permission.

What are the requirements for a Post Study Work Visa?

The Home Office must be satisfied the following requirements are met;

  • You do not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability
  • You must be in the UK to apply 
  • You have a valid student at the time of the application
  • You studied with a High Education Provided with a Tier 4 Student licence
  • You have successfully completed a UK bachelor’s degree, Master’s level or a professional course – equivalent to degree level or above
  • You are applying from inside the UK and
  • You can apply to the Graduate route once your university has sent you your final course results, and not before this. You do not have to wait until you have graduated to apply. 

How much is the cost of the Application ?

The cost of a Post Study Work visa application to the Home Office will require a payment of a visa fee of £715.00 together with an Immigration Health Surcharge, known as the NHS charge at the full rate of £624.00 per year. Any dependants inside the UK, will also pay the application fee of £715, as well as the Immigration Health Surcharge.

Is there a minimum skill level or income requirement for Employment and Job Seeking?

Unlike the Skilled Work Visa, there is much flexibility with the Post Study Work – Graduate Visa allowing you to find work at any level and change jobs. You are also permitted to work in the UK on a full time basis

Can I bring in my dependants to the UK, If I have a Post Study Work Visa?

You are not allowed to bring new dependants from overseas.

Dependants already in the UK as a Student dependant may apply as a dependant of a Graduate at the same time the Graduate applies to the route.

visa solicitors in london
Immigration & UK Visas
Mr Singh has been incredibly helpful and supportive throughout my visa application. His prompt availability and quick responses to my queries has further helped me gather my thoughts and be more organisers throughout my experience with the home office.
Jasjeet Kaur
Sukhdev is very well-versed in his area and and has always been very helpful. Throughout he listened to us, advised us, guided us, and provided us with what we sought. Highly recommended, and thank you.
Dev Bhakar
Had a great experience with Mr Sukhdev Singh. He is very experienced and confident adviser and immigration lawyer.
I will highly recommend him and his firm. He will take all the stress away form you and make sure the paperwork is done the right way.
Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today

If my dependants are born in the UK, can they apply?

Yes your dependants will be eligible to be granted the same leave time period as you if your child is born in the 

How do I apply to the Graduate route?

The application process will be slightly different to what you experienced when you first applied to study in the UK. For the vast majority of applicants, the process will be entirely digital, and if your application is successful, you will be issued with an eVisa.

You will need the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number from your current Student (or Tier 4) visa to apply under this route. 

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today

What are the conditions of the Graduate route?

Under the Graduate route, you are allowed to take up extra study, but you cannot study with a student sponsor on a course which would meet the requirements of a Student visa, and you cannot study at a state school.

How can we help?

Our Friendly Team of Immigration solicitors are experts in dealing with Immigration matters and are here to help you every step of the way for your application to be successful for you to be granted a Post Study Work visa.

FAQ's Civil Partnership

Our Top Post Study Work Visa FAQ’S

Yes, international students can stay in the U.K. to work after graduation, you may secure a job with sponsorship. Eligible graduates will be able to apply to stay in the U.K. to work for two years after they study or freeze, if you’ve completed a PhD 3 years.

The visa application fee for the Graduate route is £715 per person and you’ll need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). The IHS costs £624 per person year which needs to be paid in full when applying.

The post study work visa allows international students to stay, work or look for a job in the UK after they graduate. You will be issued with a 2 years PSW visa having completed a degree or Master’s or 3 years PSW visa upon completion of a PHD.

Once the PSW visa expires, those who are looking to stay longer in the UK need to apply to a Skilled Worker Visa.

 For Further Information or to talk to us, contact one of Immigration Solicitors in London on 0203 7324736 or complete the contact form or email us. Thank you

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call Us Today!