Civil Partnership Visa

What is a UK Immigration Civil Partnership Visa?

A Civil Partnership Visa UK application allows the applicant – non-British partners to live and work in the UK to join their Civil Partner (Sponsor) to the UK. Their Sponsor must be a British citizen or a person present and settled in the UK, with indefinite leave to remain in the UK. It is also possible for applicant’s to join their Civil Partner who has limited leave to remain in the UK.

What are the Civil Partnership Visa UK Requirements?

In order to qualify you will need to satisfy and meet the following requirements:

There are several categories that may apply and there are specified documents that will need to be provided in order to satisfy the visa requirements, depending on your circumstances.

St Pauls London
visa solicitors in london
Immigration & UK Visas
Mr Singh has been incredibly helpful and supportive throughout my visa application. His prompt availability and quick responses to my queries has further helped me gather my thoughts and be more organisers throughout my experience with the home office.
Jasjeet Kaur
Sukhdev is very well-versed in his area and and has always been very helpful. Throughout he listened to us, advised us, guided us, and provided us with what we sought. Highly recommended, and thank you.
Dev Bhakar
Had a great experience with Mr Sukhdev Singh. He is very experienced and confident adviser and immigration lawyer.
I will highly recommend him and his firm. He will take all the stress away form you and make sure the paperwork is done the right way.
Get it Done with My Legal Services, we are here to assist with your Civil Partnership Visa UK application.

How long does the Process Take to be issued with a Civil Partnership Visa UK Application?

On average it can take between 3-6 weeks for an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to consider your application and documents and decide to issue you a UK Civil Partnership visa. In some case it can be longer and each case is considered in its individual merits. In some cases it can take a lot quicker depending on the case work at the respective British High Commission, Embassy or Consultant. 

Do I need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge?

All applicant (s) need to pay the UK NHS Surcharge, which is a separate fee from the visa application fee of £1,538 in order to be issued with a Civil Partnership Visa UK. The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) covers the initial period of the length of the Civil Partnership Visa UK of 33 months and is currently £1,560. 

What happens if I am not working or I am on benefits or I am unable to meet the Immigration rules, can I still apply?

You may still be able to meet the requirements if you are not working or are on benefits or have sufficient savings to satisfy the financial requirements. You may still apply if you can show your separation to join your husband or wife in the UK, would be a breach of human rights and you are unable to continue your relationship from outside the UK

How long is a Civil Partnership Visa UK Valid For?

Your initial visa will be valid for 2.5 years or 30 months and prior to its expiry, you will be required to apply for a further Civil Partnership extension from inside the UK. If your application is successful you will be granted a further visa for 2.5 years. This is known as the 5 year route under the Immigration rules.

Can I work on a Civil Partnership Visa UK?

Yes, you are entitled to Work, Study, Open up a Business in the UK once the visa has been granted. The length of the grant of the visa is 2.5 years.

Does a Civil Partnership Visa UK Lead to Settlement?

Once you have completed 5 years as a Civil Partnership of your husband or wife, you will be entitled to eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today

How do I apply for a Civil Partnership Visa UK?

The Immigration Rules in particular the financial requirement of the rules are complex and require specified mandatory documents. If you require professional advice and representation, our Immigration Solicitors dealt with visa applications on a regular basis and assist the applicant and the UK Sponsor with full assistance and preparation to ensure that the Immigration rules are met for a successful outcome.

For Further Information or to talk to us, Contact us to discuss your UK Civil Partnership Visa UK Application with one of our Immigration Solicitors in London on 0203 7324736 or complete the contact form. 

What happens if my application is refused?

If your application is unsuccessful and has been refused by an Entry Clearance Officer, you will be given a right of appeal to challenge and lodge an appeal against the decision to refuse your application for Civil Partnership Visa UK. If this is the case, you can either lodge an appeal or submit a fresh application to address the ECO concerns. We have years of experience to help you with appealing against the decision to refused and will conduct a full assessment of the prospects of success or advice you submit a new application.

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today
FAQ's Civil Partnership

Our Top Civil Partnership Visa UK FAQ’S

You can apply for a civil partner visa from overseas or from within the UK. Once the civil partner visa has been granted, you are eligible to work or study in the UK. This category leads to settlement and later British citizenship

Here are a few examples of the type of documents you should submit;

  • Proof that your relationship is real: Utility bills at the same address, Bank statements,  evidence of family life in the UK, if you have a child or children
  • Proof of your income: Job contracts, your P60, your bank statements, Payslips. Different rules are apply for Self employment applicants and/or Company Directors. It is also possible to satisfy the financial requirement
  • Proof that you meet the accommodation requirement: House lease, letting contract, proof of booked temporary accommodation
  • Proof that you meet the English language requirement: Life in the UK test and B1 Listening and Speaking test, unless exempt.

If you apply from overseas, it can usually take between 6-8 weeks for a decision to be reached. That said, in most cases the decision application process is a lot quicker. If you apply to switch or extend your stay as a Civil Partner from within the UK, it is normally decided within 8 weeks.

UKVI does not state what is acceptable in terms of savings funds. Provided you have sufficient savings to show you will not recourse to public funds or can meet financial requirement, this should be suffice

Once you have completed 5 years in this category/visa, you will be entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK


Why our client’s instruct us and how we can help?

We are a Company of Experts for You. Our Friendly Team of Immigration Solicitors in London are experts in dealing with your entry clearance application for Civil Partnership Visa to the UK.  We are here to provide you with honest and transparent advice at all times of the merits of your case

Once instructed, please feel assured we will include the following:

  • Taking detailed instructions from you and advising you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures in your entry clearance application;
  • Assessing and checking your documents and evidence to ensure that your application fulfils the relevant requirements, if any documents are missing or additional documents are need
  • Advising you if any documents are missing or additional documents are required to support and strengthen your application.
  • Completing of your entire visa application process
  • Preparing a representation letter to the Home Office as to why you qualify for an entry clearance application for a Civil Partnership visa to the UK.
Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call Us Today!