Marriage Visitor Visa UK
What is a Marriage Visitor Visa UK?
The Immigration rules allow short stay visas for you (the applicant) and your dependants to come to the UK on a short visit, a standard visitor visa or a business visa. However, the rules also allow the applicant wishing to come to the UK to get married on a Marriage Visitor Visa UK. This extends to Civil Partners to register a Civil partnership and allows for the applicant to give Notice to get married in the UK.
The Sponsor is usually a British citizen or a person that is a person and present and settled in the UK. It is also possible for the applicant to get married in the UK with their husband or wife who has limited leave to remain in the UK.
If you have any questions or help with your Marriage Visitor Visa UK Application, we will be happy to help, Call us Today
What are the Marriage Visitor Visa UK requirements?
In order to qualify for a marriage visitor visa in UK you will need to satisfy and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant must have a valid application for entry clearance and must not fall for refusal under any suitability grounds
- The applicant is overseas and attend a appointment to submit their passport and provide their biometric fingerprints, including submission of a valid passport.
- You are over 18 years old
- You are free to give notice of marriage to marry or form into a Civil Partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival to the UK
- You are in a genuine relationship with your husband or wife
- You will travel to the UK for less than 6 months and then leave the UK in accordance with the terms of your leave
- You have sufficient funds available to cover the cost of your visit and your return journey without recourse to public funds in the UK.
Do I need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge?
The good news is that you are not subject to the UK NHS Surcharge when you apply for a Marriage Visitor visa to the UK. You however, provide supporting documents in support of your application to show evidence of getting married or register your Civil Partnership before you enter the UK.
Can I work in the UK on a Marriage Visitor Visa?
The applicant is not allowed to work in the UK or study in the UK on a Marriage Visitor Visa. However, they will need to show that they can maintain and accommodate without recourse to public funds.
How long does the Process Take?
On average it can take between 3-4 weeks for an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to consider your application and go through your documents to issue you a UK Marriage Visitor visa.
In some case it can be longer and each case is considered in its own individual merits. In some cases it can take a lot quicker depending on the case worker at the respective British High Commission, Embassy or Consulate
How long is a Marriage Visitor Visa UK Valid For?
Your Marriage Visitor visa is valid for 6 months, in which time you will be required to get married or give Notice to get married in the UK. The same applies if you are entering into a Civil Partnership.
How much is the fee for a Marriage Visitor Visa UK?
At the time of writing the application fee is currently £100.00 and the application process is online to submit and apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa to enter the UK. After getting married you must return back to your home country in accordance with the terms of your leave.
Do I need to meet the Financial Income requirements of the Immigration rules?
You will need to demonstrate you will have sufficient funds available to cover the cost of your visit and your return journey without recourse to public funds in the UK
Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today!
Should I apply for a Spouse visa or Marriage Visitor Visa UK?
If you intend to settled in the UK, you should apply for a Spouse visa or a Fiancé visa instead.
For Further Information or to talk to us, Contact us to discuss your UK Marriage Visitor visa application with one of our Immigration Solicitors in London on 0203 7324736 or complete the contact form.
What happens if my application is refused?
If your application is unsuccessful, there is not an automatic right of appeal or administrative review to challenge the ECO refusal letter. However, the decision to refuse can still be challenged by way of judicial review proceedings and issuance of a Pre-action protocol.
It is therefore important you seek the correct legal advice before you apply for a Marriage Visitor visa.
Our Top Marriage Visit Visa UK FAQ’S
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
The Immigration Rules do not permit the applicant to get married on a visitor visa, you must apply for a marriage visitor visa in order to get married in the UK.
A marriage visitor visa is valid for 6 months allowing you to enter the UK and get married within 6 months. Discretion is permitted from entry clearance officers to exercise discretion to issue a multiple entry visa, valid for up to one year, in cases where there will be a delay giving notice and the marriage or civil partnership taking place.
The application fee for a Marriage Visitor visa is currently £95.00.
Why our client’s instruct us and how we can help?
The Immigration rules can be confusing and traumatic, particularly if you don’t know where to turn for help and suggestion. We know there is a lot of information out there, and it’s frequently challenging to regulate what is correct. This is where we can help you with UK visa application. We offer no fuss fixed fees.
As a reputable law firm in London, we focus on UK Immigration Law and offer support with all kinds of concerns and visa problems and issues you may have. Our team of Immigration Solicitors in London can advise on several different areas including citizenship, Spouse visas, Skilled Worker Visa, Long residence and Private and Family Life applications, Appeals and much more.
Our Immigration Solicitors in London are fully trained on Immigration cases across the entire spectrum and are accredited by the Law Society under the Immigration & Asylum Accreditation scheme, to deal with your Immigration matter and provide specialist advice in a cost effective way. There is a plethora of My Legal Services packages at your disposal to choose from. Whether you are looking for a simple Advice Session or document checking service or whether you need fully-fledged guidance to fill out your application and representing your case or just legal advice and representation, we have the answer.
Once instructed, please feel assured we will include the following:
- Taking detailed instructions from you and advising you about the relevant immigration laws and procedures in your Marriage Visitor Visa application for entry clearance to the UK.
- Assessing and checking your documents and evidence to ensure that your application fulfils the relevant requirements, if any documents are missing or additional documents are need
- Advising you if any documents are missing or additional documents are required to support and strengthen your application.
- Completing of your entire application process from start to finish
- Preparing a representation letter to the Home Office as to why you should be issued with a Visitor visa to the UK
- Answering your questions or concerns that you may have in respect of the rules and process involved