What Documents Will Need For UK Fiance Visa in (2024)?

uk fiance visa solicitors

My Legal Services, based in London can help with every aspect of your requirements enabling your fiancé to enjoy his or her stay in the UK, you can use the contact form here to get in touch. Below is a guideline as to what you will need for UK Fiance Visa process:

Documents to include in your UK Fiancé(e) Visa Application:

In order to prove that the applicant satisfies all of the requirements to be granted a UK Fiancé(e)/Proposed Civil Partner visa, they must submit relevant supporting documents that will be assessed by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) as part of the application. The documents that you need to submit for your Fiancé(e) visa application are:

UK Fiance Visa

  • Valid passport
  • Proof that your relationship is genuine
  • Evidence of meeting the financial requirement
  • Proof of meeting the English language requirement
  • Adequate accommodation

What are the requirements for a UK Fiancé(e) Visa?

#1 – Relationship Requirement:

Spouse Visa Application London UK

At the time of making an application, both the applicant and sponsor partner must:

  • Be over 18
  • Have met in person
  • Not be related to each other
  • Be in a genuine and subsisting relationship
  • If either person were previously married/in a civil partnership, the previous marriage/s must have permanently broken down
  • Intend to live together permanently in the UK once the visa is granted

If making an application as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, you must show evidence that you are intending to get married in the UK. If you are not planning to marry and wish to apply as an unmarried partner, you must provide evidence that your relationship is akin to a marriage and that you have lived with each other continuously for 2 years or more.

#2 – Financial Requirement:

For all partner visas being made outside the UK, the Sponsor must be able to show that they are earning or receiving income from their employment or other sources or else have significant savings, and that this income/savings is sufficient for themselves and their partners for the duration of their visa. The minimum income requirement they must meet for this is £29,000 (gross) per annum.

#3 – The English Language Requirement:

Another requirement of the Fiancé(e) Visa Application is evidence of sufficient knowledge of the English Language. Unless you reside in a country where English is the primary/dominant language e.g. USA or Australia, you will need to take an English Language Test which assesses your speaking and listening ability. This must be at a minimum level of A1. If you have a degree or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English and recognised by Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC), the English language requirement can also be satisfied.

Also Read: Immigration Solicitors in West London, United Kingdom

Other Requirements For UK Fiance Visa:

#1 – TB Test:

If you are a resident of a country where Tuberculosis screening is required by the UK, you will need to have a TB test at an approved clinic by the Home Office in order to come to the UK.

#2 – Accommodation Requirement:

British Citizenship requirements

You must also show that you have adequate accommodation for both of you (and any dependant children) to live in when you are in the UK. Adequate meaning that there will be no overcrowding as a result of you staying in the property. What type of Documents do I need to prove I meet the requirements for the UK Fiance (é) Visa? It is important to note as everyone’s case is different with many possible variables in the applicant’s/sponsor’s personal circumstances. Therefore, there is no one size fits all list of specific documents applicants must submit. – Your own set documents must be tailored according to your and/or your partner’s situation. That being said, below are the type of items the UKVI will generally expect applicants to provide for their UK Spouse/Partner Visa application.

#3 – Documents to prove Relationship Requirement is met:

When applying as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, you should provide evidence that you have made arrangements for your marriage/civil partnership in the UK. For applicants applying to come to the UK, to further prove that the relationship is genuine and subsisting, you must also provide documents evidencing contact between yourselves e.g. emails, chat logs, proof of travel to see each other etc.

#4 – Documents to prove Financial Requirement is met:

The documents you must provide need to prove the source of income being used to meet the minimum income requirement. For example if the sponsor is relying on employment income, they will need to provide payslips, bank statements and employment contracts.

#5 – Documents to prove English Language Requirement is met:

english language requirements for uk visa

If the applicants are required to evidence a sufficient level of English Language, they must provide a copy of their English Language Test Certificate or their Degree certificate.

Also Read: What is a Marriage Visitor Visa UK?

#6 – Documents to prove other requirements are met:

If the applicant is required to have a TB Test, a copy of the TB Test certificate must be provided. For the accommodation requirement, the documents to be provided will depend on whether the property is owned, rented etc. So the relevant documents could be a copy of the tenancy agreement, letter from landlord, land registry title etc.

#7 – Translation of Documents:

Any supporting documents that are not in English or Welsh must be translated. This will typically apply to items such as Marriage and Birth Certificates that originate from non-English speaking countries. The Home Office’s official rule on this is the following: Each original document must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Each translated document must contain: confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document the date of the translation the translator’s full name and signature the translator’s contact details.

How can My Legal Services lawyers help you with your application for a UK Fiance (e) visa?

My Legal Services, professional immigration lawyers can help you check your eligibility and individuate the correct requirements to make your application successful. Call us on 02037 324 736 to speak with one of our qualified Immigration Lawyers and get for immediate help or enquiry online with your situation.  We employ only the highly trained immigration lawyers to help our clients with their Immigration issues, including point based system applications. All of our lawyers and solicitors are trained and qualified to help you with the application, appeal or decision making process in obtaining your visa in the UK. You can speak at any time with one of our specialists who will be happy to assist you and go over the process for you to obtain your leave to remain in the UK.


Hire one of our Immigration Solicitors in London to benefit from our Application package, which will allow us to complete your successful application to enter the UK on a UK fiancé visa. Get in touch on 02037 324 736 or use our online contact form to speak to our team.

Previous Post
Life in the UK Test Guide in (2024)
Next Post
Fiancé Visa UK in (2024)

× WhatsApp