In general, the UK Sponsor or partner that has ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) or British can apply for a UK Spouse Visa. Nigerian residents can also apply for this visa and stay with their partner in the UK. It lets them apply for the settlement after five years as the partner or spouse under the Family Migration route.
Those who want to apply for a UK visa must have to meet various eligibility criteria and many UK Spouse Visa requirements. A spouse visa can let the spouse of the British permanent resident or citizen remain in this country and work as British nationals even though they are Nigerian nationals. Check out further to explore more about getting a uk spouse visa from Nigeria.
What is a UK Spouse Visa?
The Spouse visa allows you to enter the United Kingdom and live with their UK spouses legally without any issues. The entitlement to the UK Spouse Visa permits the holders to live in the UK without any objection. It also lets them apply for indefinite leave to be a permanent resident in the country and later qualify for British citizenship.
Who can apply for a UK Spouse Visa?
- People over 18 years old can apply for this visa
- The sponsor must have indefinite leave to be in the UK or must be a UK citizen
- People who plan to live together with their spouse or partner in the UK can apply for this visa
- People must have met their partner in person and be in a genuine relationship can apply for this visa
- People with good income can also apply for this visa
Those who have proper accommodation can also apply for this visa from Nigeria.
What are the documents required?
- Photos & evidence of your conversations
- Marriage/civil partnership certificate
- Birth certificate of your children or your partner’s children
Financial Requirements for a UK Spouse Visa:
- Submit the proof that you & your spouse earn at least £18,600 per year
- Salary or wage you earn in the UK
- Must have certain amount of savings
- Income from property/stock dividends
Accommodation Requirements for a UK Spouse Visa From Nigeria:
Both the applicant and their spouse must give enough accommodation for the family, both during & after applying for a uk spouse visa from Nigeria. Accommodation is considered to mean a private residence where the family is allowed to live in the UK legally. The major need for this requirement is to make sure that applicant has the proper place to live with their partner in the UK.
The home must have enough space for them to live peacefully without any obstacles. Also, any other dependents or children along with them must have separate bedrooms. After setting up enough space at the home, they must ensure that their home meets the UK safety standards.
What is the process of applying for a UK Spouse Visa from Nigeria?
- At first, the applicants have to fill up the online application form
- They have to get an appointment for a medical examination
- Must submit the police clearance and medical certificate
- Then, get the appointment for biometric data collection with the Home Office
- Submit the UK Spouse Visa fee payment online
- Complete the document verification process
- Finally, submit the complete application to the local visa application centre.
Application Cost of a UK Spouse Visa:
The cost of the application is based on whether you are applying from outside the UK or inside the UK. You will be charged around £1,846 by the Home Office from Outside the UK.
If you are living in the UK on another visa & looking to apply for the UK Spouse Visa, you can apply from within the UK. During that time, the application cost was around £1,048 plus additional fees. You also have to pay some additional charge when there are additional dependents.
Spouse Visa Appeal Process:
File the appeal within 28 days if this is a overseas refusal. It must be according to the different or new evidence that is unavailable during the starting stage. Your spouse visa will be granted once your appeal is successful. It is advisable if your Spouse visa is refused you seek legal representation.
From the scenario mentioned above, you have explored the process of applying for a uk spouse visa from Nigeria.
If you need any assistance or help, you can contact My Legal Services expert solicitors. They have more years of experience in this field and can help you get the UK Spouse Visa without any issues.