Office: 02037324736

Mobile: 07957154057

Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 18:30

Sat: 9:00 - 15.00 (Sun - Closed)

Fiancé Visa UK

What is a Fiance Visa UK

If you intend to relocate to the UK to begin a new life with your UK-based partner, you could be eligible for Fiance Visa UK. The Fiancé/Fiancée Visa is designed to enable non-EEA nationals to enter the UK to marry/enter into a civil partnership with their UK partner, and to begin a new life here. The applicant’s partner must be either a UK citizen or a person with settled status in the UK or have settled status

A Fiancé/Fiancée Visas last for 6 months and they are granted under the assumption that you will marry your partner within the validity period of the visa.

You must apply for another Immigration permission to remain before your Fiancé/Fiancée Visa expires in the UK. The simplest transition is to apply for a Spouse Visa application to the Home Office, which is granted for 30 months of residence in the UK. You can look for employment and study in the UK as a Spouse Visa holder, without any restrictions. It is therefore important you get the correct immigration advice and legal representation in support of your fiance visa application.

What Are the Fiancée/Fiance Visa UK requirements?

In order to qualify for a UK Fiance visa you will need to satisfy and meet the following requirements:



visa solicitors in london
Immigration & UK Visas
Mr Singh has been incredibly helpful and supportive throughout my visa application. His prompt availability and quick responses to my queries has further helped me gather my thoughts and be more organisers throughout my experience with the home office.
Jasjeet Kaur
Sukhdev is very well-versed in his area and and has always been very helpful. Throughout he listened to us, advised us, guided us, and provided us with what we sought. Highly recommended, and thank you.
Dev Bhakar
Had a great experience with Mr Sukhdev Singh. He is very experienced and confident adviser and immigration lawyer. I will highly recommend him and his firm. He will take all the stress away form you and make sure the paperwork is done the right way.
Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today!

What are the Financial Requirements for the Fiancé/Fiancée Visa UK?

In your Fiancé/Fiancée Visa UK application, you will need to provide evidence which demonstrates that you meet certain minimum financial thresholds.

You need to prove to the Home Office that as a couple you have enough money to support yourselves whilst you are in the UK (as well as any dependents included in your application) without recourse to public funds.

Your annual income must be at least £18,600. If you have any child dependents additional financial requirements would apply to meet the requirement.

You can prove your finances through any of the following:

  • Regular salary through employment
  • Self-employment
  • Statutory sick pay, maternity, paternity or adoption pay
  • Savings
  • Stocks and shares
  • Pension payments
  • Property financial gains, such as a regular income from rent

It is important to note that as a Fiancé/Fiancée Visa holder, you will not be classed as a permanent resident and therefore, you will not have access to public funds.

You may still be able to meet the requirement if you are not working or are on benefits or have sufficient savings to satisfy the financial requirements.  If your UK Sponsor – husband or wife is in receipt of the following specified benefits, you will not need to fulfil the financial requirement of £18,600.

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement benefit
  • Police Injury Pension
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
  • Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under War Pensions Scheme

What happens after I get married in the UK, do I need to leave the UK?

The main advantage with a Fiance visa UK, the visa allows the applicant to get married with their Spouse/Partner in the UK and gives them the right to continue to remain or stay in the UK upon applying for a Spouse visa application to the Home Office from inside the UK. This means the applicant is not required to return back to their home country and be overseas to apply for entry clearance to re-enter the UK in the Spouse visa category. This category allows the fiance visa applicant to settle in the UK. 

How long does the Process Take?

On average it can take between 6 weeks for an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) to consider your application and documents before reaching a decision on your visa application  In some case it can be longer and each case is considered in its individual merits. In some cases it can take a lot quicker depending on the case work at the respective British High Commission, Embassy or Consultant.

Do I need to pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge?

All applicant (s) need to pay the UK NHS Surcharge, which is a separate fee from the visa application fee. The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) covers the initial period of the length of the visa. This fee is separate from the online visa application fee. 

What happens if I am the Sponsor in the UK and not working or am no benefits, can I still apply?

You may still be able to meet the requirements if you are not working or are on benefits or have sufficient savings to satisfy the financial requirements. You may still apply if you can show your separation to join your proposed Spouse/Partner in the UK, would be a breach of human rights and you are unable to continue your relationship from outside the UK.

How long is my Visa Valid For?

Your initial visa will be valid for 6 months allowing you to get married with your Spouse/Partner within this time period. Once you get married you will be eligible to apply for a UK Spouse visa from inside the UK, on the basis of your marriage.

Can I work with a Fiance Visa?

You are not permitted to work in the UK on a Fiance Visa UK. Once you obtain a UK Spouse visa, this will give you the legal right to work, study or set up a business in the UK and stay in the UK and continue to live and reside. 

How do I apply for a Fiancee/Fiance Visa UK ?

The Immigration Rules in particular the financial requirement of the rules are complex and require specified mandatory documents. If you require professional advice and representation, our Immigration Solicitors are specialists with Spouse visa applications on a regular basis and assist the applicant and the UK Sponsor with full assistance and preparation to ensure that the Immigration rules are met for a successful outcome.

If you are not sure whether the Fiance visa is the right for you give us a call on 0203 7324736 or contact us online to discuss your individual requirements and how we can help

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today

Does this visa Lead to Settlement?

The Fiance Visa is valid for 6 months allowing the applicant to get married in the UK. Once you get married this will give the applicant under the Immigration rules the right to apply for a Spouse visa from inside the UK. If your Spouse visa application is successful, you will be issued with a Spouse visa for 2.5 years and then will need to apply for a further extension in this category and then allowing you to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

What happens if my application is refused?

If your application is unsuccessful and has been refused by an Entry Clearance Officer, you will be given a right of appeal to challenge and lodge an appeal against the decision to refuse your visa to the UK. If this is the case, you can either lodge an appeal or submit a fresh application to address the ECO concerns. We have years of experience to help you with appealing against the decision to refused and will conduct a full assessment of the prospects of success or advice you submit a new application.

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call us Today
FAQ's Civil Partnership

Our Top Fiancée/Fiancé Visa Extension FAQ's

Yes, you will need to pass IELTS level A1 Listing and Speaking test to fulfil the English language requirement. This applies for the applicant applying.

Visitor and Fiancé (e) visa applicants are exempt from paying the NHS charge.

You will need to meet the financial requirement of £18,600; plus £3,800 for a first child (who is not British, settled or an EEA national); plus £2,400 for each additional child without recourse to public funds.

Currently, it costs £1,523 to apply.

If you are a British national or a person with settled status and prefer to marry your (Non-EU) partner in the UK, then it is a better to apply for Fiancé(e)/Proposed Civil Partner Visa for them to join you in the UK.

If you do not get married within 6 months, you will need to provide reasons to the Home Office if you wish to extend your stay in the UK to get married.

After getting from inside the UK, you will be entitled to apply immediately for a Spouse visa to remain in the UK on the basis of your marriage.

Our Professional Solicitor's are available in person at our offices or via the phone, Call Us Today!